C-channel Building Details
Explore the Details About Our Popular C-channel Buildings
C-channel frames are more resistant to rust.
Olympia’s C-Channel Structures
The c-beams are bolted back-to-back against a haunch plate, which reinforces the structures stability, making it stronger and durable for a clear-span structure.
- A limited 60-year structural warranty is given on wind loads, snow loads and seismic conditions.
- Our steel has a coating of galvanized steel applied at the steel mill. This is a permanent coating of rust protection. Our competitors apply a temporary coating of a water-based primer, which will eventually evaporate leaving the steel vulnerable to rust.
- We apply a permanent coat because when rust forms on the frames it eventually runs to the sheeting, causing corrosion and holes.
- Olympia is the only company in the US that adds a permanent, galvanized coating on their frame and components.
Rigid Frame Structures
- Our competition only offers a 50-year warranty on their steel frame.
- Our competition doesn’t galvanize, but applies a coating of primer to their metal frame. This only provides temporary protection against rust because primer eventually evaporates leaving the metal unprotected.
- Hand welds are necessary to join the last 12 inches of each end of the beam and the plates which attach to each end of the beam.
- Hand welds are inconsistent and if not welded correctly can cause structural failure. Rust is also more prone to occur where the hand welding connects.
C-channel frame structure is heavier than an i-frame structure.
A typical example of a 40′ W x 60′ L x 20′ H, with a 40 psf roof snowload…
|C-channel||430 lbs||510 lbs|
|I-frame||410 lbs||408 lbs|
C-channel structures are heavier
Olympia’s stainless steel fasteners have a lifetime warranty!
- A limited lifetime warranty against corrosion. No other company provides warranties for their fasteners.
- Olympia’s fasteners are made of stainless steel, which is composed of 18 parts chrome and 8 parts nickel for more resistance to rust.
- We provide these screws and warranty because if the fastener rusts and corrodes, it’ll eventually spread onto the sheeting and cause holes in the panel.
- They’re painted to match the color of the wall panels so the building will look more attractive.
- Olympia is the only company in the US that provides a warranty for their fasteners.
Rigid Frame Fasteners
- Our competitors use long-life fasteners and don’t offer any warranty.
- Some competitors use cadmium-plated fasteners which turn dark gray or black making the building unattractive over time.
- Others use zinc, which will rust.
Olympia utilizes a Galvalume® PBR panel system to prevent leaks.
Olympia’s C-Channel Panels
- All of our panels come with a limited 40-year rust-through perforation warranty against rust and corrosion. If a hole goes through the panel caused by corrosion, we will replace the panel.
- Our panels are made with AZ55 Galvalume® steel – a composite of aluminum (55%) and zinc (45%) – that is extra resistant to rust.
- The paneling is also available in many paint options. Our paint is also warrantied for 40 years against peeling and blistering, plus a 30 year warranty on fading and chalking. Our competitors only offer a 25-year warranty on the paint and no warranty on fading and chalking.
- The competition only offer a 25-year warranty against perforation for their panels.
- The competition only offer a 25-year warranty on their paint with no warranty on fading or chalking.
- The competition’s panels are made with galvanized steel and an R panel on the sides. It has a 1/3 overlap and will not protect against leaks.
- Some of our competitors use PBR panels on the roof and R-panels for the walls. Others use only R-panels for both the roof and walls.
Olympia has the BEST warranties in the industry!
- 60-year structural warranty on wind loads, snow loads and seismic conditions. This includes the galvanized purlins, girts, columns and rafters.
- Limited 40-year rust-through perforation warranty on AZ55 Galvalume® panels.
- Limited 40-year paint warranty against chipping, cracking and peeling.
- Limited 30-year warranty on chalking and paint color change.
- Stainless steel capped fasteners with a limited lifetime warranty.
- The competition only offers a 50-year warranty on their interior structural framing.
- The competition only offers a 25-year warranty on their panels.
- The competition only offers a 20-year warranty on the paint.
- The competition offers no warranty on chalking or fading.
- The competition only uses lifetime fasteners and provides no warranty for their fasteners.
Olympia’s panels are more resistant to rust and available in many colors.
Olympia’s C-Channel Painted Sidewall Panels
- Olympia’s sidewall panels carry a 40-year limited warranty on the paint guarding against chipping, cracking and peeling.
- We also provide an additional 30-year limited warranty against chalking or fading.
- Sidewall panels come in several precision-coated colors.
Competitor’s Painted Sidewall Panels
- Some of our competitors only offer a 20-year warranty on paint.
- No reflective value nor any warranty on chalking or fading.
Olympia’s prefabricated c-channel buildings were designed for the do-it-yourselfer.
With our simple-to-follow assembly guide, and with the help of a few friends, you can save construction costs by erecting the building yourself. Our bolt-on, pre-fabricated structure does not need heavy equipment or an expensive crew to assemble. Just some friends, and a few days – and you’ll be done before you know it!
C-channel building’s are less expensive than a wood or brick structure and more attractive than a quonset hut.
We like to think Olympia’s “do-it-yourself-style” buildings speak for themselves.